PLoS, the Public Library of Science, is where I now work as Blogs Community Manager. The good people who edit PLoS Medicine are building a new collection about mental health strategies that are effective especially in what are called “low resource” places. My view is that this description probably covers a lot more places than one would think. The article has links to some interesting ongoing programs and projects in places like Africa and Afghanistan.
- 57,330 hits
- I’m Back…
- Mental Health Advocacy: Empowering Lived Experience with Evidence — My presentation is yours to use!
- Which Websites Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression? Evidence and Recommendations from PubMed Editor Hilda Bastian
- “If you talk to God you pray, but if God is talking to you it’s schizophrenia.”
- Pot may be legal for adults but it’s still dangerous for adolescents
- Report: Proper SSRI Antidepressant Starting Dose Minimizes Suicide Risk In Young Adults
- More Americans Understand Mental Illness; Climate Change, Vaccines or the Big Bang…Not So Much
- A Psychiatrist Diagnoses “House of Cards” — Is Claire Underwood a Narcissist?
- Becoming a Digital Media Sensation, While Struggling with Depression — a wise and touching post by Jennifer Pastiloff
- New analysis of international suicide data repeats 10 year old finding; 85% suffer from a mental illness
- ADHD: a real disorder, denying it hurts children
- Let Us Not Forget…Suicide, Even By Celebrities, is Most Often Preceded by Deep, Unrelenting Depression
- Book Review: By All Means…Where Mindfulness Meets Mental Health
- “3 Lessons from the Gus Deeds’ Story” – A Psychiatrist Takes on America’s Failed Mental Healthcare Delivery System
- Why Mental Illness-Focused Gun Control May Be More Harmful Than Helpful
Find a topic