This is not a new report (2009) but it is extremely timely as more and more women must weigh the risks and benefits of staying on an antidepressant before, during and after pregnancy. Its recent research shows that only 15% of depressed mothers receive treatment for their depression — despite the negative impact of maternal depression on their child’s emotional and cognitive development. If you are seeking more information for yourself or for someone you love, check this out!
- 59,165 hits
- I’m Back…
- Mental Health Advocacy: Empowering Lived Experience with Evidence — My presentation is yours to use!
- Which Websites Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression? Evidence and Recommendations from PubMed Editor Hilda Bastian
- “If you talk to God you pray, but if God is talking to you it’s schizophrenia.”
- Pot may be legal for adults but it’s still dangerous for adolescents
- Report: Proper SSRI Antidepressant Starting Dose Minimizes Suicide Risk In Young Adults
- More Americans Understand Mental Illness; Climate Change, Vaccines or the Big Bang…Not So Much
- A Psychiatrist Diagnoses “House of Cards” — Is Claire Underwood a Narcissist?
- Becoming a Digital Media Sensation, While Struggling with Depression — a wise and touching post by Jennifer Pastiloff
- New analysis of international suicide data repeats 10 year old finding; 85% suffer from a mental illness
- ADHD: a real disorder, denying it hurts children
- Let Us Not Forget…Suicide, Even By Celebrities, is Most Often Preceded by Deep, Unrelenting Depression
- Book Review: By All Means…Where Mindfulness Meets Mental Health
- “3 Lessons from the Gus Deeds’ Story” – A Psychiatrist Takes on America’s Failed Mental Healthcare Delivery System
- Why Mental Illness-Focused Gun Control May Be More Harmful Than Helpful
Find a topic