It doesn’t take long to fill out and it is quite revealing as a self assessment. Personally, I could see that prior to getting treatment for depression, my results would have been quite different. How did you do?
I’m a Mom Who Blogs About Neuroscience
In addition to being the mother of two sons, I'm a science writer, focusing on the mental health concerns that can rob a parent's much needed sleep. A little over 10 years ago, when my then 17 year-old son Alex was diagnosed with schizophrenia, I desperately needed a blog like this. In my posts, I put the latest research about child and adolescent mental health into plain talk that parents can use. You'll hear about treatment that includes therapy and medication. I have no agenda, other than mental wellness. There's plenty here also on emotional resilience, and prevention. Please ask your own questions, and I promise to do my best to find answers.
Lastly, in this blog I am speaking only for myself as an individual. The views expressed in any post or article do not represent those of my current employer, PLOS, The Public Library of Science.
- 39,152 hits
- Mental Health Advocacy: Empowering Lived Experience with Evidence — My presentation is yours to use!
- Which Websites Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression? Evidence and Recommendations from PubMed Editor Hilda Bastian
- “If you talk to God you pray, but if God is talking to you it’s schizophrenia.”
- Pot may be legal for adults but it’s still dangerous for adolescents
- Report: Proper SSRI Antidepressant Starting Dose Minimizes Suicide Risk In Young Adults
- More Americans Understand Mental Illness; Climate Change, Vaccines or the Big Bang…Not So Much
- A Psychiatrist Diagnoses “House of Cards” — Is Claire Underwood a Narcissist?
- Becoming a Digital Media Sensation, While Struggling with Depression — a wise and touching post by Jennifer Pastiloff
- New analysis of international suicide data repeats 10 year old finding; 85% suffer from a mental illness
- ADHD: a real disorder, denying it hurts children
- Let Us Not Forget…Suicide, Even By Celebrities, is Most Often Preceded by Deep, Unrelenting Depression
- Book Review: By All Means…Where Mindfulness Meets Mental Health
- “3 Lessons from the Gus Deeds’ Story” – A Psychiatrist Takes on America’s Failed Mental Healthcare Delivery System
- Why Mental Illness-Focused Gun Control May Be More Harmful Than Helpful
Find a topic
- New Blog Post Mental Health Advocacy: Empowering Lived Experience with Evidence — My presentation is yours to use! ow.ly/2Zy6Zp 1 month ago
- New Blog Post Which Websites Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression? Evidence and Recommendations from PubMed Editor Hi... ow.ly/2VnsAe 4 months ago